Complaint Procedure

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns.

How to make a Complaint

Lisa Macdonald (Managing Director) will review any complaints and work with you to resolve the problem.   If we are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, we will provide you with the process below

Step What we do When we do it
1 Register your complaint on the central register.

Acknowledge your complaint and request points of clarification where required.

Within 10 working days from Receipt
2 Investigate your complaint by reviewing your file and discussing it with the solicitor acting for you.

We will write to you and advise you the outcome of our investigations and where appropriate make proposals to address your complaint.

Within 12 working days from acknowledging your complaint


3 What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

To raise a concern with the SRA, please visit their website: